Seven Secrets of Happiness
Allison Hewitt Is Trapped
Where Would I Be Without You?
Time of My Life
The Last Song
The Secret of Joy
To the Moon and Back
A Walk to Remember
Dear John
Twilight
Eclipse
New Moon
Breaking Dawn
Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
Seven Pleasures: Essays on Ordinary Happiness
Will You Be There?
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Snow Hill
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Eat Slay Love (Living with the Dead #3) by Jesse Petersen

Introduction: After my very disappointing encounter with Books 1 and 2... I must really love Zombies enough to subject myself to Book 3. So, after I equipped myself with lots and lots of patience - and having blocked any memory of the first 2 books - I'm now ready to get my brains blown up with frustrations. But... surprise... surprise!

Overview: Sarah and David have survived the zombie apocalypse. They stood side by side and fought the undead, mad scientists, and even bionic monsters until the unthinkable happened. A zombie bite. But not even that could stop them. Now, with a possible cure in hand, they're headed east, looking for a safe zone behind the rumored "Wall." They're feeling pretty optimistic.

That is until Dave stops sleeping and starts lifting huge objects.


My Opinion: And here comes the redemption, just in time before I totally despise this series! I love the connection there is now between David and Sarah. I also love that this book isn't all about Sarah anymore and her annoying heroine boost that's just simply too much at times. The plot has improved so much compared to the first books - Yes, zombies still need their daily doze of braaains, there are still crazy survivors, and some less crazy ones. But I like the new additions - like Nicole and her bitchy character - who kinda surprised me with her transformation in the end. I even like the druggie rock star McCray who despite having short focus span actually has a potential to be the hero of the day. Everything became so interesting all of a sudden - especially now that David has acquired some zombie powers and Sarah became more tuned-in to reality.  

For me, and this is my personal opinion only, forget about the first 2 books. You wont miss much when you read just book 3. You surely wont miss the disappointments! ;) Anyway, kudos to

11 comments:

  1. great review :) i will def look into it!

    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have my curse, unending perseverance with hopes of redemption. I also tend to hang on to books with hopes that it will get better.But you did this one great justice in your review. The writer should be well pleased.
    http://fabulosityreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... I see you got that hopeless case of hopeful readers as well. Haha. Thank you for the compliment :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Yia - I'm a new follower here to your blog! I just finished reading your About Me profile and your thoughts are a little similar to mine. I still believe in the magic of childhood too and tend to follow my heart over logic! I love the title of your blog and so very, very true. It annoys me when people think you're strange for reading simply because you're pretty. I don't think I suit the standard bookish mould myself but reading is something I love! Couldn't imagine a day without it.

    Hope you'll stop by and visit one day :)

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    http://www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to drop by your blog. And true... I think smart girls are way hotter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i concur..! i remember being in a gas station waiting to be checked out and i ran into a childhood friend. we made small talk while waiting and she asked me where i was headed. i told her the library. she asked, for what. this is when i look at her with one of those 'are you serious?' looks... and say, "for books." and then with what looked like a sigh of relief, she asked me what class it was for. (mind you, we were both 25 years old and i had been out of college for atleast 3 years) and so i told her i'm not in school. and i was going to the library to return some books and maybe look for some new ones.

      then she looked at me and (i kid you not) said, "wow, you must really be bored with your life!"

      this is when i couldn't be more glad i was up to be checked out... shifted my attention, and bade her farewell.

      some people! smh.

      http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. ...i get asked all the time why i'm still single. and i tell them i'm looking for a zombie boyfriend; someone who will like me for my brains and not body. lols.

    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello
    I'm your new follower.Your blog is great and I love your rating is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! I'm bookmarking it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is Shreya from chocolatecoatedreviews.blogspot.com! I am proud to tell you that you have been chosen for the Versatile Blog Award! For more details, please visit my blog at: http://chocolatecoatedreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this sounds great. I love the title of it! I'm going to have to check out the first two in this series. Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete