Seven Secrets of Happiness
Allison Hewitt Is Trapped
Where Would I Be Without You?
Time of My Life
The Last Song
The Secret of Joy
To the Moon and Back
A Walk to Remember
Dear John
Twilight
Eclipse
New Moon
Breaking Dawn
Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
Seven Pleasures: Essays on Ordinary Happiness
Will You Be There?
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Snow Hill
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead #1) by Jesse Petersen

Introduction: Okay so... I'm into Zombies and the undead and all that stuff... so when I saw this book, I cheered silently (okay... I'd like to believe I was atleast discreet about it :p)!. I mean, movies about zombies never fail: they will scare you, and if not... atleast you will sure laugh about how disgustingly funny they look when they go roaming around - limping, rotten and sometimes with missing body parts - trying to satisfy their cravings for... braaaains? Haha. So books can definitely do better, right? Oh and... it comes in a very chic cover too!Yay!

Overview: A heartwarming tale of terror in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.
Meet Sarah and David.
Once upon a time they met and fell in love. But now they're on the verge of divorce and going to couples' counseling. On a routine trip to their counselor, they notice a few odd things - the lack of cars on the highway, the missing security guard, and the fact that their counselor, Dr. Kelly, is ripping out her previous client's throat.
Meet the Zombies.
Now, Sarah and David are fighting for survival in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. But, just because there are zombies, doesn't mean your other problems go away. If the zombies don't eat their brains, they might just kill each other.

My Opinion: Well... I am disappointed :( I never thought I could feel this way about a book - but hey, I was so excited to read it that I even have all the three books with me. And when you're "that" excited and you get "less" of what you want - well, what else can I feel?

For one, I cannot relate to their love story completely - or is there? They are on the verge of divorce, which means they hated each other - I thought I'll see how they will fall in love again... realizing that they still want each other and do this little sweet gestures that would sweep them off their feet at times. The first night after the zombie apocalypse broke out, they had sex merely because they thought its the end of the world anyway. Where is the romance in that??... Geez I'm such a hopeless romantic. Haha.

Another thing, I am so detached to the characters. I cannot understand their decisions - and I think there's just not enough history to back up their sense of individuality. I dont know exactly what to expect from them - I feel like they are so unreal and not the kind of people I will see everyday. I just cannot sympathize with them - even with Sarah. I guess I'm just really looking for that something that'll make me say... "Huh... I would definitely do the same."

And also, the author used too much reference on movie scenes far too familiar - that I guessed the originality just sank in. So in the end, this book has made me realize that during a similar outbreak, with all the movies about zombies that I have watched - I will definitely kick zombie asses! Haha.

Anyway, this book is an easy and fast read - made me laugh at the situational humor present in the story. So anyone whose looking for a light amusement, with loads of zombie humour and minimal brain function - you might wanna give this book a try. ;)

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment