Seven Secrets of Happiness
Allison Hewitt Is Trapped
Where Would I Be Without You?
Time of My Life
The Last Song
The Secret of Joy
To the Moon and Back
A Walk to Remember
Dear John
Twilight
Eclipse
New Moon
Breaking Dawn
Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
Seven Pleasures: Essays on Ordinary Happiness
Will You Be There?
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Snow Hill
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code

Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern

Introduction: I love this book... the cover is chic, the story is magic... what more can a girl like me ask for? ;) Its a fairy tale, probably as far-fetched as every other ones I have read when I was younger... but nonetheless, its another hope for a love story that'll might just sweep me off my feet.


Overview: How can you know someone you’ve never met? Joyce Conway remembers things she shouldn’t. She knows about tiny cobbled streets in Paris, which she has never visited. And every night she dreams about an unknown little girl with blonde hair. Justin Hitchcock is divorced, lonely and restless. He arrives in Dublin to give a lecture on art and meets an attractive doctor, who persuades him to donate blood. It’s the first thing to come straight from his heart in a long time. When Joyce leaves hospital after a terrible accident, with her life and her marriage in pieces, she moves back in with her elderly father. All the while, a strong sense of déjà vu is overwhelming her and she can’t figure out why...

My Opinion: Lets just say... Cecelia Ahern has just turned me into one of her avid fans. I'm not saying this book is flawless... but its inspiring in many ways. To tell you the truth, what I liked most about this book is the relationship Joyce has with her father. Their conversations are funny, and I like both their characters. Joyce's dad is a wonderful addition to the story, it just wont be fun without him. He can effortless change from being a clueless irrelevant old guy to a witty and caring father whose words will prick your heart to tears. 

Anyway, this book is more of a father-daughter story to me... than that of romance between Joyce and Justin. I think the ending should have more magic. But its not bad anyway, its a happy ending so... its good enough for me! :)

I cant wait to get my hands on P.S. I Love You!

My Rating:

3 comments:

  1. love your rating pics. so fashionista!!! new follower http://sidnereviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the rating pics!

    Good review, I must check this book out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds good... Just added to my ever-growing "to read" list : )
    Seriously..So many books, so little time!

    http://ajarndtbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete