Seven Secrets of Happiness
Allison Hewitt Is Trapped
Where Would I Be Without You?
Time of My Life
The Last Song
The Secret of Joy
To the Moon and Back
A Walk to Remember
Dear John
Twilight
Eclipse
New Moon
Breaking Dawn
Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
Seven Pleasures: Essays on Ordinary Happiness
Will You Be There?
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Snow Hill
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code

Friday, January 6, 2012

Flip this Zombie (Living with the Dead #2) by Jesse Petersen

Introduction: I am not so excited reading this book, coz I honestly didnt like the first one. But since I have books 2 and 3 anyway... and I seriously am a fan of zombies (lol?)... so I feel obliged to atleast give this another chance. Who knows... this time it may actually redeem itself?

Overview: The Zombie Apocalypse has been good to Sarah and David. Their marriage is better than ever. They communicate well, share responsibilities, and now, they're starting a business. ZombieBusters-for all your zombie extermination needs.

There are lots of zombies and that means lots of customers...Except one of them doesn't want the zombies dead, he wants them alive and ready for experimentation. Mad scientists make for difficult clients and this time, Sarah and David might have bitten off more than they can chew.

My Opinion: Goodness... Zombiebusters Extermination Inc? Seriously?! Oh well... to each his own. I'll probably have mine as Zombionic Annihilator Pte Ltd. What?! I want to make it sound professional too! Plus, I kill even the bionic ones.

Moooving on, Sarah and David - all of a sudden experts in this Zombie-killing thing, just puts me off. Before I wrote this review I asked myself, what is it really that I dont like about this book? I figured, its just that I dont want to be like Sarah. I just dont like her character. First, she wishes there really is a bionic zombie since she is getting bored killing the - well, boring ones. Next thing, she hopes to have a cure from all this so she teamed up with Doctor Good Looking aka Mad Scientist. Come on, girl! Make up your mind - damn the world or save it! Not to mention, she is trying so hard to be like Alice of Resident Evil - except that in Resident Evil, I actually believe everything. This book is just way out of this world when we talk about reality. I would rather look for my dad rather than kill zombies for a living and be paid with... a box of SpongeBob plasters! And if I'd ever have to kill zombies everyday of my fucking life, atleast give me a fucking good reason to do so - and no - just so I can be as popular as Paris fucking Hilton wont make me risk my skinny ass. Hahaha. (Excuse me for the language - the book's my reference :p)

Okay... I dont really hate this book entirely... I love the cover - pink! I like Robbie's surprising character and how he irritates me - atleast he is a genius and that explains why he was able to manipulate Sarah and David. And I like it when David saved Sarah from the bionic zombies - although its something I totally expected, still I find it romantic. I just loved what he said: "I could have followed you everyday forever....(blah, blah)". Sorry I forgot the exact line, but I'm sure you got the point. Finally, a proof of true love! (Yeah, hopeless romantic me!).

Well, apparently this book didnt impress me. But dont let me stop you - if you're looking for a book that you can enjoy at the moment and forget about after - you can have this one as an option. ;)

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment